Officially opened to traffic in 2019, the Samuel De Champlain Bridge is a breathtaking and modern gateway to the Greater Montreal Area that reflects the reality of the region and the various transportation needs of its users.
The three-corridor bridge was designed to seamlessly integrate private, commercial, public and active transportation. Every year more than 40 million vehicles and $20 billion in trade use this crossing, making it one of the busiest in Canada.
More than 2,000 proud and dedicated individuals were involved in planning and building the bridge honouring one of Canada’s most well-known historical figures. Its design incorporates Canadian expertise and innovation to ensure a structure that will last 125 years
- In memory of the inauguration of the new Samuel-de Champlain Bridge, this coin set is designed to illustrate and immortalize this moment.
- Including a 30mm pure brass coin bearing the Champlain Bridge design and Samuel de Champlain’s effigy, as well as a 50 cent 2019 uncirculated coin carefully minted by the Royal Canadian Mint.
- The Samuel-de Champlain Bridge, a new symbol of our metropolis that will make it shine throughout the world.
- Take the opportunity to celebrate the inauguration with this extraordinary coin set that will be a hit with collectors, especially those looking to highlight this historic event with precious memories that will stand the test of time.
Commemorative coin : Pure brass
- Diameter (mm) : 30
- Finish: Proof
- Edge: Plain
- Source: Infrastructure Canada
50 cents coin : three-ply nickel plated steel
- Weight (g): 6,9
- Diameter (mm): 27
- Finish : circulation
- Edge: serrated
- Face value : 50 cents
- Artist : Susanne Blunt (avers)
Mintage : While Supplies Last
Your coins are packaged in a foldout display card that provides all the information you need at your fingertips.