What’s your sign? The 12 signs of the zodiac (and their corresponding glyphs) each occupy a 30-degree section of the night sky on this 2 oz. fine silver keepsake. On your coin’s reverse, metallic colour adds a spellbinding shimmer to the deep hues and engraved illustrations that capture the mystery and allure of the zodiac. The 12 zodiac symbols are all derived from the constellations, the stars that form a belt across both the heavens and this coin, where the celestial patterns remain hidden until viewed under a black light (included).
Metallic colour meets black light technology! Add a glow-in-the-dark zodiac coin to your collection.
- A ZODIAC THEME! The signs and symbols of the zodiac are beautifully illustrated on this captivating keepsake.
- METALLIC COLOUR! Your coin’s reverse features a gorgeous zodiac wheel enhanced with metallic colour, which adds an otherworldly shimmer that instantly draws the eye.
- BLACK LIGHT TECHNOLOGY! The reverse design dazzles and captivates in any light, but there’s a hidden layer that only reveals itself when you view your coin under a black light (included)—that’s when the 12 zodiac constellations appear and glow in the night sky.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ZODIAC! Your coin comes packaged with a special insert card that lists the dates and glyphs for each zodiac sign.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 4,000 coins worldwide.
- A CHERISHED PIECE! Crafted from 2 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this limited collectible is an undeniably attractive addition to any collection, but it also makes the perfect birthday/anniversary/”just because” gift for anyone with an interest in the zodiac and the stars.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST (if applicable)
- No. 204220
- Mintage 4,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver enhanced with colour, a metallic colour effect and glow-in-the-dark (black light) technology
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 62.69
- Diameter (mm) 50
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 30 dollars
- Artist Jori van der Linde (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Enhanced with metallic colour, your coin’s reverse features a zodiac wheel designed by artist Jori van der Linde. This celestial circle is divided into 12 30-degree sections that house each of the 12 signs of the zodiac; these are arranged in a counter-clockwise direction, as indicated by the roman numerals on the outer ring: Aries (“I”), Taurus (“II”), Gemini (“III”), Cancer (“IV”), Leo (“V”), Virgo (“VI”), Libra (“VII”), Scorpio (“VIII”), Sagittarius (“IX”), Capricorn (“X”), Aquarius (“XI”) and Pisces (“XII”). Each zodiac sign is paired with its corresponding glyph, and together, these 12 glyphs form an inner ring that surrounds the combined sun and moon motif at the centre of the wheel. When viewed under a black light, the 12 zodiac constellations appear in the inner ring. The obverse features a field pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.