The Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III on May 6, 2023 is a momentous occasion as it marks the first coronation of a new Sovereign of Canada in seven decades. The formal investiture of the monarch’s regal power is a spectacle like no other — one steeped in pomp, pageantry and centuries-old traditions that connect the past and future. Culminating in the religious ceremony held at Westminster Abbey in London (United Kingdom), the Coronation of His Majesty The King is both a solemn and celebratory event that will long be remembered, and it is commemorated through the Royal Cypher appearing on this Limited Edition Proof Silver Dollar.
Your coin’s reverse design features the Royal Cypher of His Majesty King Charles III, flanked by regal flourishes that were inspired by the fleur-de-lis. Paired with his regnal number “III”, the initials “C” and “R” stand for “Charles” and “Rex” (the Latin word for “King”). The stylized crown in His Majesty’s cypher is a representation of the Tudor Crown, which inspired the engraved pearls that run along the coin’s edge. The obverse features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
- A special issue. The 2023 Limited Edition Proof Silver Dollar is an extraordinary issue that marks an extraordinary event: the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III on May 6, 2023 — the first coronation of Canada’s new monarch in seven decades.
- Part of His Majesty King Charles III Coronation suite. His Majesty King Charles III’s Coronation is a significant historical event, and your Limited Edition Proof Dollar is part of a unique collection of Canadian collector coins specially issued to commemorate the momentous occasion.
- Commemorative packaging. The newest addition to your collection comes packaged in a custom-designed graphic beauty box that is exclusive to the His Majesty King Charles III Coronation suite.
- Mark this historic moment. Mark this momentous event, the first coronation in seven decades, with a special collector coin from the Royal Canadian Mint. As part of your collection, this coin will help preserve your memories of this day for years to come.
- Fine silver. Each coin is crafted in 99.99% pure silver. Mintage is limited to 25,000 coins worldwide.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a graphic beauty box that is exclusive to His Majesty King Charles III Coronation collection.