Celebrate Chinese New Year with an auspicious golden dragon! According to Chinese mythology, Dilong is the Earth Dragon or Underground Dragon that rules over rivers and streams, and on this 99.99% pure gold coin, the Earth Dragon keeps a watchful eye over Canada’s waterways. While its features imply great strength and courage, this dragon also holds the yin-yang symbol that represents unity, balance and harmony.
May this Earth Dragon give you strength and help bring balance into your life.
- THE TRADITION CONTINUES! Celebrate Chinese New Year with an auspicious and affordable dragon-themed coin crafted in 1/20 oz. of 99.99% pure gold.
- YOUR LUCKY GOLD DRAGON FOR 2022! The dragon is one of the most popular and powerful figures in Chinese mythology—it is the king of all animals. This coin’s design represents the spirit of a dragon and features Dilong, the Earth Dragon and protector of waterways.
- A SPECIAL WISH! The yin-yang symbol adds an extra layer of meaning to the design. It is an elegant way to communicate a hope for harmony, balance and peace in the life of the coin’s recipient.
- RED BOX! In keeping with the “red envelope” gift-giving tradition, your gold dragon coin comes packaged in a special beauty box that features the colour red to attract good luck.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE: Only 8,888 coins are available worldwide.
- NO GST/HST
- No. 202913
- Mintage 8,888
- Composition 99.99% pure gold
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 1.58
- Diameter (mm) 14.10
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 8 dollars
- Artist Albert Ng (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Designed by graphic designer Albert Ng, your coin’s reverse is inspired by ancient Chinese mythology and features Dilong, the Earth Dragon. This traditional protector of waterways stands dignified and proud, with features that imply valour and strength; its sharp claws grip a yin-yang symbol that represents unity, balance and harmony. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“The Earth Dragon brings charm and balance into life, and this is represented by the yin-yang symbol it holds. Notice how the two halves intertwine across a spiral-like curve that splits the whole; that curvy line signifies that there are no absolute separations between the two halves, while the two dots connote coexistence, balance and the unity of opposites that form a harmonious whole.” Albert Ng, Artist
Your gold coin is presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell and packaged in a red graphic beauty box, evoking the Chinese New Year “red envelope” tradition of bestowing a wish for luck and good fortune.