Be the first to own our new 5 oz. fine silver Peace Dollar! In 1957, Canadian Lester B. Pearson won a Nobel Peace Prize for organizing the first UN peacekeeping force, and that legacy of peace and international cooperation remains at the core of our national identity today. Pride in our peacekeeping heritage is evident on the 2022 Peace Dollar, which is now available in a larger 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver format. Struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), the 65 mm reverse features a field pattern that pulsates whenever the coin is tilted, while the obverse offers a magnified (non-pulsating) view of the engraved elements that create this optical effect.
- OUR FIRST 5 OZ. PEACE DOLLAR! New for 2022, Canada’s Peace Dollar is available in a larger 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver format. Its 65 mm reverse pulsates with pride and hope for global peace, thanks to photonic technology.
- A PULSATING FIELD! The reverse features a pulsating pattern that appears to expand and contract whenever the coin is tilted. This optical effect is produced by an array of sub-millimetre-scale mirrors that have been micro-engineered and precisely engraved to reflect light and create the illusion of motion—like hope radiating outward.
- LARGER PATTERN! A bigger coin size allows for a bigger field pattern: the pulsating pattern on this coin’s reverse is much larger than the one engraved on the 1 oz. fine silver and pure gold Peace Dollars.
- PATTERN ON THE OBVERSE! The obverse features a (lasered) field pattern too! The repeating geometric images are actually a magnified (and non-pulsating) view of the engraved mirrors that form the pulsating pattern on the reverse.
- ULTRA HIGH RELIEF! UHR technology lifts the design to greater heights by adding extra depth and detail to this inspiring personification of peace.
- FIVE OUNCES OF LUMINOUS SILVER! Your coin features a luminous proof finish to ensure every crisply engraved detail stands out—from the strands of hair to the maple leaves in Lady Peace’s crown.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
Struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), your Peace Dollar’s reverse features a pulsating pattern behind the allegorical image of peace designed by retired RCM Senior Engraver, Susan Taylor. Lady Peace is depicted in profile with her hair crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches. She is flanked by her name, “PAX” (the Latin word for “Peace”), and the year “2022”, while Canada’s national motto, “A MARI USQUE AD MARE” (“From sea to sea”) appears overhead. The obverse features a lasered (non-pulsating) magnified view of the reverse’s field pattern behind the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- No. 201390
- Mintage 1,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof with pulsating effect on reverse
- Weight (g) 157.6
- Diameter (mm) 65.25
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 50 dollars
- Artist Susan Taylor (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a black Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.