Stunning! An elevated take on a classic, this is the first ever ultra-high relief Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin. Struck in a reverse proof finish (frosted field, brilliant relief) and on an innovative new coin blank, this fine silver coin boasts a peak relief height of 1.4 mm on its reverse, resulting in a more dimensional rendering of the SML’s namesake leaf than ever before. Behind the scenes, there’s a personal connection, too: the relief was sculpted by retired Senior Engraver Susan Taylor, who previously worked under the tutelage of the late Walter Ott, creator of this world-famous leaf portrait.
Elevating a classic: The SML, now in ultra-high relief.
- THE FIRST UHR SML! This is the first ultra-high relief (UHR) Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. Crafted in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this captivating collectible offers a more dimensional view of the SML’s namesake leaf than ever before.
- ULTRA HIGH! The reverse features a peak relief height of 1.4 mm—a feat made possible by the creation of a new coin blank that offers the same precious metal content and affordability as a standard 1 oz. SML, but also allows the sculpted art to reach new heights.
- A SPECIAL TOUCH! The relief was sculpted by retired RCM Senior Engraver Susan Taylor, who worked under the tutelage of the late Walter Ott, RCM Master Engraver and creator of the GML/SML design.
- REVERSE PROOF FINISH! Set against a frosted field, the ultra-high relief dazzles thanks to a mirror-like shine that reflects maximum light.
- A BELOVED DESIGN! The SML is one of our most popular annual offerings and it tends to sell out quickly. Mintage is limited to 7,000 worldwide, so don’t miss out—order yours today!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST (if applicable)
- No. 203718
- Mintage 7,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish Reverse Proof
- Weight (g) 31.6
- Diameter (mm) 36.15
- Edge Plain
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 20 dollars
- Artist Walter Ott (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin’s reverse features Walter Ott’s iconic design for the Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin, a collector favourite since 1988. Resplendent in a reverse proof finish, the sugar maple leaf is struck in ultra-high relief with a peak height of 1.4 millimetres. The reverse includes the engraved words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR”, and the purity standard of “9999”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.