In 2022, we enhanced the revolutionary Super Incuse SML with the addition of selective rose gold plating and maple leaf field pattern on both sides; truly a perfect fusion of modern technology and classic design.
Your coin’s reverse features Walter Ott’s iconic sugar maple leaf design, unchanged since the first Silver Maple Leaf (SML) bullion coin issued in 1988. The famous maple leaf has been struck using Super Incuse technology, which gives it an incuse depth of 1.5 millimetres, and now enhanced with rose gold plating. A modified reverse proof finish ensures the focus is on the brilliant relief. The reverse also includes the engraved words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR”, as well as the purity standard of “9999”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt, along with the engraved face value “20 DOLLARS” and the year “2022”.
- A REVOLUTIONARY COIN, NOW ENHANCED! We took art to new depths with the first ever Super Incuse SML coin, which is now enhanced with selective rose gold plating and maple leaf field pattern on both sides! Thanks to new technology developed by the Royal Canadian Mint’s R&D team, the maple leaf engraved on this coin’s reverse features an unprecedented incuse depth of 1.5 mm.
- A NEW TWIST ON A CLASSIC! With Super Incuse technology, you’ll see the SML’s maple leaf in a whole new way. The engraving is every bit as intricate and detailed as previous SML coins, but the extreme relief depth adds a new level of complexity to an already famous design.
- MODIFIED REVERSE PROOF FINISH! The lightly frosted field and brilliant relief practically guarantee all eyes will be on the super incuse maple leaf, which boasts a mirror-like shine.
- A PERENNIAL FAVOURITE! Previous 1 oz. SML coins sold out quickly. Don’t miss this opportunity to own the 2022 edition —order yours today!
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 7,000 coins worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
- Mintage 7,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish modified reverse proof
- Weight (g) 32.41
- Diameter (mm) 36
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 20 dollars
- Artist Walter Ott/RCM Engravers
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.