THE DIAMOND DIADEM
The regal Diamond Diadem is also known as the George IV State Diadem because it was originally created for the coronation of King George IV in 1821. It has since been exclusively worn by queens regnant and consort, beginning with Queen Adelaide and continuing with Queen Victoria, who designated it an Heirloom of the Crown in 1901. Its silver frame is lined with gold and set with 1,333 brilliant-cut diamonds, including a four-carat yellow brilliant at the centre of the front cross. Its narrow band is edged with pearls and surmounted by four crosses pattée and four sprays featuring a rose for England, shamrocks for Ireland and a thistle for Scotland.
Designed by Canadian artist Jori van der Linde, your coin’s reverse features an artistic representation of the famous Diamond Diadem worn by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Swarovski® crystals add a diamond-like sparkle to the rhodium-plated embellishment, which resembles the diadem’s cross and the floral sprays representing the national emblems of England, Ireland and Scotland. The reverse includes the inscription “CANADA” at the top and “20 DOLLARS” at the bottom. The obverse features the date “2022” and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- YOUR 2022 SILVER TIARA COIN! We saved Her Majesty’s most recognizable headpiece for this year’s Platinum Jubilee! The dazzling Diamond Diadem (aka the George IV State Diadem) is the inspiration for the 2022 tiara-themed tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as the Queen of Canada marks 70 years on the throne.
- SWAROVSKI® CRYSTALS! Crafted in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, your coin is enhanced with Swarovski® crystals to re-create some of the magnificent sparkle of the real-life Diamond Diadem.
- MATTE PROOF FINISH! A satin field ensures all eyes are on the diadem-inspired design.
- A HIT WITH COLLECTORS! Previous tiara-themed coins sold out quickly, and given the famous headpiece represented on this one, it will likely be a sought-after piece too! Mintage is limited to 4,500—hurry, order today!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- Mintage 4,500
- Composition 99.99% pure silver with Swarovski® crystals
- Finish matte proof
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 20 dollars
- Artist Jori van der Linde (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is individually encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.