Imagine driving on a snowy highway at night and seeing a row of lights in the sky… and you suddenly realize it’s a giant UFO! This is the scene depicted on our fifth Canada’s Unexplained Phenomena coin, which tells the story of a UFO encounter in the Yukon. On the night of December 11, 1996, at least 31 people in four different areas reported seeing a UFO in the sky. The bright lights described by the witnesses have been re-created on this rectangular coin’s reverse, where a more complete picture of the giant UFO comes into view when the black light paint technology is activated.
- Our UFO series continues. From unusual sightings to strange encounters, this series of colourful coins brings you some of Canada’s most fascinating tales of unexplained phenomena.
- Coin #5 shows a giant UFO. Our fifth UFO coin highlights a 1996 encounter in the Yukon, where more than 31 witnesses in four different areas observed a UFO, which appeared to be larger than a football stadium! Your coin’s reverse is based on two of those eyewitness accounts.
- One of our most popular themes. Collectors love a good UFO story! All previous coins in the series sold out quickly, and with a mintage of 7,500, this one is sure to be a sought-after (and much-coveted) piece too.
- A unique UFO collectible. If you enjoy UFO stories, this coin is for you! Crafted in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this rectangular coin is a fun addition to any collection and makes a great gift.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST