Celebrate Canada’s dedication to making the world a more peaceful place with this 1 oz. fine silver coin! In 1957, Canadian Lester B. Pearson won a Nobel Peace Prize for organizing the first UN peacekeeping force, and that legacy of peace and international cooperation remains at the core of our national identity today. Pride in our peacekeeping heritage is evident on the 2022 Peace Dollar, which is struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR) and features a pulsating pattern; when the coin is tilted, the relief pattern appears to emit a pulse of hope—for peace and prosperity, now and for generations to come.
- CANADA’S THIRD PEACE DOLLAR! Canada’s Peace Dollar returns in 2022—this time with a dynamic field pattern that pulsates with pride and hope, thanks to photonic technology.
- A PULSATING FIELD! Your coin’s reverse features a pulsating pattern that appears to expand and contract whenever the coin is tilted. The optical effect is produced by an array of sub-millimetre-scale mirrors that have been micro-engineered and precisely engraved to reflect light and create the illusion of motion—like hope radiating outward.
- ULTRA HIGH RELIEF! UHR technology lifts the design to greater heights by adding extra depth and detail to this inspiring personification of peace.
- AN OUNCE OF LUMINOUS SILVER! Your coin was struck in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver and features a luminous proof finish to ensure every crisply engraved detail stands out—from the strands of hair to the maple leaves in Lady Peace’s crown.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
Struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), your Peace Dollar’s reverse features a pulsating pattern behind the allegorical image of peace designed by retired RCM Senior Engraver, Susan Taylor. Lady Peace is depicted in profile with her hair crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches. She is flanked by her name, “PAX” (the Latin word for “Peace”), and the year “2022”, while Canada’s national motto, “A MARI USQUE AD MARE” (“From sea to sea”) appears overhead. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- No. 201941
- Mintage 5,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof with pulsating effect on the reverse
- Weight (g) 30.76
- Diameter (mm) 36.15
- Edge plain
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 1 dollar
- Artist Susan Taylor (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a black Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.