It was 10 years ago, in 2012, that the last Canadian penny was struck at our Winnipeg facility. Now, a decade later, the cent’s maple leaf twig design has been brought out of retirement for a limited appearance on this 99.99% pure silver tribute. Struck in a tailored specimen finish, the maple leaves feature a soft satin finish, while the field is filled with angled lines that meet at the centre. Those lines are a nod to our pyramid-shaped Winnipeg facility where this “W” mint mark coin was struck, and where all our pennies were minted between 1976 and 2012.
Gone but not forgotten! Relive your memories of the penny with this “struck in Winnipeg” tribute.
- A TRIBUTE TO THE PENNY! This 1 oz. tailored specimen silver coin pays tribute to Canada’s copper-coloured cent on the 10th anniversary of the last penny struck at our Winnipeg facility.
- “W” MINT MARK! Like all pennies issued between 1976 and 2012, this 10th anniversary tribute was struck at our Winnipeg facility. But unlike all pennies, this collectible proudly bears a “W” (Winnipeg) mint mark that indicates where it was made—it’s the only new addition to the classic design.
- A TAILORED SPECIMEN FINISH! You’ve never seen the penny quite like this. Thanks to a tailored specimen finish, G. E. Kruger Gray’s timeless maple leaves feature a pleasing satin sheen, while the field is filled with angled lines that meet at the centre to form pyramids—a nod to our pyramid-shaped Winnipeg facility!
- DOUBLE THE SIZE! With a 38 mm diameter, this coin is nearly double the size of a 2012-dated penny (19.05 mm). Its enlarged view brings renewed appreciation for a design that was once an everyday part of our lives.
- AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY! Only 15,000 are available to collectors worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
- No. 203273
- Mintage 15,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish Tailored Specimen
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 1 cent
- Artist G. E. Kruger Gray (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Struck in a tailored specimen finish (satin relief against a pyramidal line pattern), your coin’s reverse is a reproduction of the beloved one-cent circulation design by G. E. Kruger Gray. It features two maple leaves on the same twig, as seen on most Canadian pennies issued between 1937 and 2012. The reverse also features a “W” Mint mark signifying the coin was proudly struck at our facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.