This year’s seven-piece proof set features a selectively gold-plated version of the 2021 Bluenose Proof Dollar, and it’s only available as part of the set. Gold plating adds a beautiful gleam to the legendary schooner and the effigy of King George V. This effigy appeared on all Canadian coins issued in 1921, the year Bluenose was launched and captured the International Fishermen’s Trophy. Bluenose centennial anniversary extends to the set’s 10-cent coin, which is double dated and features the effigy of King George VI — just like the first Bluenose dime issued in 1937.
Proof dollar design
Designed by Canadian marine artist Yves Bérubé, your coin’s reverse travels back in time to see naval architect William James Roué (1879-1970) completing his design for the legendary Bluenose schooner. The first-person perspective is flat frosted to distinguish between Roué’s vision and the inspiring sight of a selectively gold-plated Bluenose under full sail. As an added tribute, W.J. Roué’s signature is included, as it appeared on the original Bluenose sail plan. The obverse features the effigy of King George V by Sir E. B. MacKennal. Learn more about Canada’s best-known naval architect and designer of our national icon.
- AN EXCLUSIVE VERSION OF THE PROOF DOLLAR: This set’s featured star is the selectively gold-plated version of the 2021 Proof Dollar. It is exclusive to this set and is not available on its own.
- TWO BLUENOSE COINS IN ONE SET: The 100th anniversary of Bluenose is also celebrated on the double-dated 10-cent coin.
- PART OF THE BLUENOSE ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION: The 2021 Fine Silver Proof Set is part of a year-long celebration of the 100th anniversary of Bluenose, the world–famous schooner whose racing success made it a beloved Canadian icon.
- THREE DIFFERENT EFFIGIES: Three of the seven coins in this set feature obverse designs from the past. The proof dollar features the effigy of King George V from 1921, the year Bluenose was launched, while the 10-cent coin features the effigy of King George VI from 1937.
- READY FOR REPEAT VIEWINGS: Your set’s book-style packaging is made of genuine leather and allows you to showcase these coins with pride.
- LIMITED MINTAGE: Only 20,000 sets are available worldwide.
- 99.99% PURE SILVER: Every coin in this set has been expertly crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a proof finish that emphasizes the finely engraved details.
- ‘Bluenose’ is an official mark adopted and used by the Nova Scotia Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage pursuant to the Trade-marks Act (Canada). It is used by the Royal Canadian Mint with the Department’s permission.
- William James Roué Signature © jeroué. Used with permission.
- Blueprints of 1921 BLUENOSE © jeroué. Used with permission.