Celebrate the 100th anniversary of Canada’s Coat of Arms with this limited-edition special wrap roll. Each roll contains 25 modern reproductions of the very first coin to feature our nation’s coat of arms: the 50-cent coin issued in 1937. With a historic effigy on the obverse, and an early version of the coat of arms on the reverse, each coin in this special wrap roll represents history. It’s our way of paying tribute to a 100-year-old emblem that has a place of honour on Canada’s coins.
Your coins feature G. E. Kruger Gray’s simplified version of Canada’s Coat of Arms that first appeared on the 50-cent circulation coin in 1937. Each obverse features the historic effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget and the inscription “GEORGIVS VI:G:REX ET IND:IMP” (George VI, by the grace of God, King and Emperor of India), as seen on all Canadian coins issued that year.
- A SPECIAL ISSUE. Own a limited-edition 50-cent special wrap roll featuring the original coat of arms coin design from 1937.
- CANADA’S COAT OF ARMS TURNS 100. Your coins are modern reproductions of the 50-cent coin issued in 1937. It was the first coin to feature Canada’s Coat of Arms, which was originally adopted 100 years ago (1921) by proclamation of King George V.
- HISTORIC EFFIGY. Just like the 50-cent coin issued in 1937, your coins feature the effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget and a pre-1947 inscription.
- A 2021 EXCLUSIVE. A collector favourite, Canada’s 50-cent coin is already the rarest of all our circulation denominations, and these limited-edition ones will be even harder to find—they are only available as part of this special wrap roll.
- 25 PER ROLL. Each limited-edition special wrap roll gives you 25 of these exclusive 50-cent coins. Pair it with the annual Special Wrap Circulation Roll to complete your collection of Canadian 50-cent coins issued in 2021!
- Mintage 10,000 rolls
- Composition three-ply nickel plated steel
- Finish circulation
- Weight (g) 6.9
- Diameter (mm) 27.13
- Edge serrated
- Certificate n/a
- Face value 50 cents
- Artist G. E. Kruger Gray (reverse), T. H. Paget (obverse)
Your 25 coins are wrapped in a special illustrated paper that highlights the theme and design.