This 5 oz. pure silver coin is a window to our solar system, presented with artistic flair. Dotted with stars, the engraved “orbital” pattern swirls around the colourful view of space on your coin’s reverse. All eight planets, as viewed by telescopes in space, are artfully grouped together in order to highlight the differences in size and appearance. As for the Sun and the stars, they are celestial sources of light in space and on this coin: shine a black light flashlight on the reverse and watch as these enhanced elements begin to glow!
Designed by artist Neil Hamelin, your coin’s reverse features an awe-inspiring portrait of the solar system. It features a partial view of the Sun opposite the eight planets, which are artfully arranged in order of distance from the sun (nearest to farthest): Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Black light technology adds a cool white light to the stars and intensifies the Sun’s gaseous glow. Dotted with stars from the disk of our Milky Way galaxy, the engraved “orbital” pattern swirls around the colour element on the reverse; it also appears on the obverse, which features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- CELEBRATE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY! The solar system comes to life on this 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin, which celebrates science and space exploration.
- COMES WITH A BLACK LIGHT FLASHLIGHT! Use the black light flashlight (included) to activate the enhanced design features and watch the Sun and stars emit a celestial glow!
- DYNAMIC DESIGN! The swirling “orbit” pattern engraved on your coin extends the space theme to the obverse and pulls you deeper into the colour element on the reverse. The view is just as colourful as the images captured by powerful telescopes in space, which add to our understanding of our Milky Way galaxy.
- A RARE TREASURE! Mintage is limited to just 1,250 coins worldwide.
- FOR THE LOVE OF SCIENCE AND ART! Your coin’s artistic representation of our solar system makes it the perfect collectible for astronomers and skygazers. It’s a conversation starter for all ages – especially with its black light-activated features!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- Mintage 1,250
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 157.6
- Diameter (mm) 65.25
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 50 dollars
- Artist Neil Hamelin (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)