Back by popular demand! For 2020, our Ottawa and Winnipeg facilities joined forces to create the first ever “made in Manitoba” tribute to our beloved Silver Maple Leaf (SML) bullion coin. It was the first pure silver numismatic coin struck at our Winnipeg facility, and its distinctive “W” mint mark and burnished (matte) finish set it apart. You’ll find the same Silver Maple Leaf design and “W” mint mark on this 2021 fine silver collectible, but with a new coin finish that was inspired by our Winnipeg facility’s striking exterior.
Your coin’s reverse features the iconic maple leaf from our first bullion coin, the 1979 Gold Maple Leaf bullion coin designed by Master Engraver Walter Ott; to this day, the design remains in use on all Maple Leaf bullion coins. The reverse features a “W” mint mark to the left of the leaf stem, indicating that this numismatic coin was struck at our Winnipeg facility rather than in Ottawa, where our numismatic coins are typically struck. On both the reverse and obverse, the coin’s tailored specimen finish was inspired by our Winnipeg facility’s striking exterior, with straight lines in the background meeting on an angle in the centre. The obverse includes the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- A “W” MINT MARK! The “W” mint mark signifies that this fine silver numismatic coin was struck at our circulation production facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- UNIQUE COIN FINISH! Both the reverse and obverse feature a tailored specimen finish that was inspired by our Winnipeg facility’s striking exterior.
- A CANADIAN ICON! The maple leaf celebrates our great nation in all its beauty and diversity, and on this pure silver coin, it speaks to a proud minting tradition and the timeless appeal of our sought-after Silver Maple Leaf coins.
- LOW MINTAGE! Only 8,000 of these coins are available worldwide.
- 1 OZ. PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
- Mintage 8,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish tailored specimen
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 5 dollars
- Artist Walter Ott (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.