The maple (Acer) is a big part of life in Canada: its leaf proudly adorns our flag and, depending on where you live, there’s a good chance a maple tree is helping to beautify your surroundings. We harvest the maple’s wood and sweet sap, and we celebrate its foliage throughout the seasons. Our attachment to the maple runs deep and its historical significance makes it the obvious choice for our national tree. That designation became official 25 years ago, on April 25, 1996, when not one but all 10 maple species native to Canada were proclaimed Canada’s national arboreal emblem.
Designed by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo, your coin’s reverse is double dated (“1996 2021”) to mark the 25th anniversary of the maple’s (genus Acer) designation as Canada’s national arboreal emblem. It features three sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaves beneath the text “CANADA”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- HOLD ONTO YOUR MEMORIES OF 2021: Coin #2 in a four-coin series that is your essential set for 2021.
- SPECIAL PACKAGING: Your coin comes in a colourful and informative folder with a removable coin capsule for easy access—just pop the capsule out of the folder for a closer look at your coin.
- AN AFFORDABLE ADDITION: You get ¼ oz. of 99.99% pure silver—some of the purest silver in the world – for the low cost of $24.95 per coin.
- START HERE: Whether you’re new to coin collecting or want to share your hobby with others, the Moments to Hold series is a great starting point or gift! These are some of our most affordable fine silver coins, and this coin’s theme and design are a great way to engage others in a discussion about history and coin collecting.
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE SERIES: Want a complete set of 2021 Moments to Hold coins? Subscribe to the series! Each subscription guarantees you’ll get all four coins, and as a subscriber, you’ll also get an exclusive collector sleeve to store the folders together as one set.
- NO GST/HST
- Mintage 100,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish modified specimen
- Weight (g) 7.96
- Diameter (mm) 27
- Edge serrated
- Certificate n/a
- Face value 5 dollars
- Artist Claudio D’Angelo (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin comes in a full-colour custom folder with a removable capsule that allows for a close-up view.