The official floral emblem of the Northwest Territories, the mountain avens (Dryas octopetala) is one of the many wildflowers that signal the arrival of spring in the Arctic. It has hit peak bloom on this pure silver coin, but don’t let those silky cream-coloured petals fool you! This member of the rose family is extremely cold hardy, with small leathery leaves and a short stem that keeps it close to the ground in rocky or wind-swept landscapes.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Lisa Thomson-Khan features a colour portrait of the official floral emblem of the Northwest Territories, the mountain avens (Dryas octopetala), surrounded by a stylized floral pattern. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- A CANADIAN FLORAL SHOWCASE: Collect all of Canada’s provincial and territorial floral emblems with this new 13-coin series! It’s the only series in 2020 to feature Canada’s unique flora at an affordable price.
- A VINTAGE STYLE: The coin’s reverse proof finish gives it the look of vintage silver jewellery. This perfectly complements the colour portraits at the centre of our floral-themed celebration of Canada.
- A HISTORY-MINDED APPROACH: The 13 coins are ordered in the way each province became part of Confederation, followed by each territory.
- FITS IN A PENDANT NECKLACE: The 27 mm diameter allows your coin to fit in a pendant necklace (not included), which will transform your coin into a beautiful piece of wearable jewellery.
- A NEW COIN EACH MONTH: Available for individual purchase (a new coin is issued monthly from March 2020 to March 2021) or as part of a monthly subscription that guarantees all 13 flowers will put down roots in your collection. With each subscription, you also get an exclusive graphic beauty box that will hold your 13 coins together as one complete series.
- A GREAT GIFT OR NEW ADDITION: These beautiful coins make a great Canadian gift and they’re the perfect addition to any Canadiana-themed collection.
- Mintage 4,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish reverse proof
- Weight (g) 7.96
- Diameter (mm) 27
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 3 dollars
- Artist Lisa Thomson-Khan (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.