Never ending and never breaking, the Celtic love knots on this extraordinary showpiece are the perfect embodiment of eternal love – for family and for one’s heritage. The intricate design captivates with its interwoven pattern of cultural symbols. And at the centre of it all lies a magnificent grade AAA emerald, which adds a symbolic colour to our celebration of Celtic roots that run deep in Canada.
The reverse design by artist Bonnie Ross features a mix of Celtic and decorative art elements that represent eternal love. Nestled between the heart-shaped Celtic love knots, each triquetra symbol (or Trinity knot) forms the point of a star shape that surrounds the grade AAA rose cut emerald at the centre. The classic Celtic knot border along the outer edge celebrates Canada’s multiculturalism by including six maple leaves that symbolize the historic ties between Canada and the six Celtic nations. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- MADE IN THE TRADITION OF CELTIC METALWORK: In the tradition of Celtic metalwork, Celtic love knots and interlinking patterns flow in a circular expression of a love that has no beginning or end on this 99.99% pure gold showpiece.
- FEATURES A GENUINE EMERALD: Our second Celebrating Canada’s Diversity coin features a genuine emerald. The grade AAA rose cut gem is stunning and adds a symbolic colour to our Celtic-themed celebration.
- A TRIBUTE TO CELTIC CANADIANS: Art is one of the most captivating representations of culture and you’ll find a rich array of beautiful cultural traditions in Canada! By seamlessly combining different cultural symbols in one entrancing design, each coin in this series—including this tribute to Celtic Canadians—is an artistic expression of pride in Canada’s multicultural heritage.
- EXPERTLY CRAFTED: The emerald centrepiece naturally draws the eye but its deep sparkle is amplified by the coin’s mirror-like proof finish, which brings out every beautifully engraved detail.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- Mintage 250
- Composition 99.99% pure gold
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 31.16
- Diameter (mm) 30
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 200 dollars
- Artist Bonnie Ross (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a graphic beauty box.