On the Poppy’s 100th year as a symbol of Remembrance, we offer this wreath to honour those who have served our country and those who continue to help advance peace around the world. Theirs is a legacy of great trials and sacrifice, but also of hope and heroism. We will never forget their bravery, and with this wreath of forget-me-nots and red poppies, we gratefully acknowledge their service while honouring the memory of the fallen.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Caitlin Lindstrom-Milne is a spiralling wreath arrangement of Remembrance flowers: red-coloured poppies and engraved forget-me-nots. Upon a banner bearing the words “CANADA” and “2021” lies a colourful maple leaf, which symbolizes this nation’s gratitude to all who serve and have served their country throughout Canada’s military history. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- AN ANNUAL RITE OF REMEMBRANCE! For 2021, our annual Remembrance Day coin combines two different floral symbols: forget-me-nots and the red Poppy that has symbolized Remembrance in Canada since 1921.
- SELECTIVE COLOUR! While special frostings add depth to the engraved forget-me-nots, selective colour over relief adds a mournful red to the poppies and fall-like hues to the maple leaf symbol of a nation’s gratitude.
- EXQUISITE ENGRAVING! This 1 oz. fine silver coin features precision-etched details and thoughtful touches that transform the delicate-looking flowers into a powerful expression of Remembrance.
- DYNAMIC DESIGN! By using different sizes of flowers, the artist has created a sense of movement that pulls you into the wreath design that invites all Canadians to reflect, remember and never forget.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
- Mintage 7,500
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 20 dollars
- Artist Caitlin Lindstrom-Milne (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.