Celebrate the legacy of the Avro CF-105 Arrow, an aviation marvel that was designed and built in Canada! In the 1950s, this supersonic aircraft was heralded as the fastest and highest-flying interceptor. It was, and remains, an inspiring symbol of Canadian ingenuity and engineering excellence—especially on this 99.99% pure silver coin, which salutes the innovators whose ideas provided the blueprint for the Arrow’s achievements.
Designed by Canadian artist Stephen Quick, your coin’s reverse is inspired by technical drawings of the Avro CF-105 Arrow. It features a mix of cross-sectional plan and three-view drawings, while the rendering of the Arrow in perspective shows the beauty of the aircraft’s design. To complete the blueprint look, laser-engraved grid lines fill the field on both the reverse and obverse, which features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- THE ARROW RETURNS! Celebrate Canadian ingenuity with this 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin featuring the Avro CF-105 Arrow!
- HONOURING THE INNOVATORS! Your coin’s reverse is inspired by technical drawings of the Avro Arrow and features laser-engraved grid lines for that classic blueprint look. This is our way of honouring the Canadians who designed and built the most advanced fighter jet of its time.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- POPULAR THEME! Only 10,000 of these coins are available worldwide. Given its design and theme, this Avro Arrow coin will be popular with history enthusiasts and aviation buffs – get it before it sells out!
- NO GST/HST
- Mintage 10,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 20 dollars
- Artist Stephen Quick (reverse), Sir E. B. MacKennal (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.