It’s the Year of the Ox for 2021, and anyone born after February 12th will be one of the most devoted individuals anyone would be blessed to know. The common expression “strong like an ox” isn’t just about physical strength; it also refers to the Ox’s mental fortitude. No matter how difficult a task may be, the Ox personality keeps going. While other zodiacs may rely on wit and cunning, the Ox achieves its goals through sheer tenacity and dedication. Its patience is legendary, but the quiet and introverted Ox will buck injustice to take command if pushed too far. It’s a fair-minded powerhouse that will honour you with an unwavering bond.
Canadian artist Aries Cheung has created a stylized depiction of an Ox charging towards its Chinese character situated on the left side of the design. Beneath the Ox’s feet, dust swirls about like auspicious clouds, their swirling contours echoed in the Ox’s flank to bestow good fortune upon this zodiac sign. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- ONE OUNCE PURE SILVER: The perfect gift or keepsake for a friend or loved one born in the Year of the Ox: 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009—and this year’s newborns from February 12, 2021 to January 30, 2022.
- A MUST-HAVE FOR ANY COLLECTION: The 12th and final coin in this ongoing series honouring all 12 Chinese zodiacs, and a great addition to any collection of silver, zodiac, cultural or art-themed coins.
- A UNIQUE GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION: Team this Ox coin with any of our other Chinese zodiac coins to celebrate the new couple. Ideal for any of life’s major milestones, too: graduation, new job, new love, new year…
- AUTHENTIC CHINESE DESIGN: Beautifully engraved with the distinctive style of Asian folk art, your coin will be treasured by anyone who appreciates culture and art.
- SPECIAL MINTAGE: Your coin has a special mintage of 15,888 worldwide, which is symbolic of good fortune and prosperity, a limited issue that’s highly collectible, too!
- POLISHED TO PERFECTION: A captivating treasure celebrating traditional Chinese-Canadian culture with a mirror background that has been hand polished to add an impeccable shine to the meticulously engraved design.
- GORGEOUS PACKAGING: Beautifully presented in a silver, satin-like case with a custom sleeve whose red colour brings another element of luck to this valuable collectible.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST!
- Mintage 15,888
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 31.39
- Diameter (mm) 38
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 15 dollars
- Artist Aries Cheung (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and housed in a silver satin-like covered case with a custom red sleeve.