Canada’s arboreal emblem consists of not one but 10 different maple (Acer)species, and that diversity is perfectly illustrated on this 10 oz. pure silver coin. Its engraved design features a clockwise swirl of Canadian maple leaves, each one different from the other and held together by a ribbon that ends in a bow. To top it off, we’ve added selective touches of red and white – Canada’s official colours since 1921 – to transform this Arboreal Anniversary piece into a dual celebration of national symbols.
Designed by Canadian artist Michelle Grant, the coin’s reverse features a leaf arrangement representing the 10 native Canadian maple (Acer) species (clockwise): mountain (A. spicatum), red (A. rubrum), striped (A. pensylvanicum), Manitoba (A. negundo), Douglas (A. glabrum), sugar (A. saccharum), big leaf (A. macrophyllum), silver (A. saccharinum), black (A. nigrum) and vine (A. circinatum). Red enamel highlights the sugar maple leaf at the centre; selective frosting adds a touch of white to the ribbon, bow and banner, which bears the dates “1921-2021” to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Canada’s national colours (red and white). The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt and a special privy mark in honour of the 25th anniversary (1996-2021) of Canada’s national arboreal emblem, the maple (Acer).
- DUAL CELEBRATION! Celebrate the milestone anniversaries of two official symbols of Canada! Your coin’s reverse highlights the 100th anniversary of the national colours of Canada (1921-2021), while the maple design and obverse highlight the 25th anniversary of Canada’s arboreal emblem, the maple (Acer) tree.
- CANADA’S COLOURS! In addition to the red-enamelled maple leaf, the white ribbon, bow and banner are enhanced with selective frosting to include a tribute to Canada’s national colours.
- LIMITED MINTAGE! Just 800 coins are available to collectors worldwide. Be one of the few to own this exclusive collectible that is a proud celebration of Canada.
- SPECIAL PRIVY MARK! Immaculately crafted from 10 oz. of the finest silver (99.99% pure), this 76.25 mm coin is one of the largest pieces in our 2021 Arboreal Anniversary collection! Each coin in this collection bears a special “25” maple leaf privy mark in honour of the 25th anniversary (1996-2021) of the maple’s designation as Canada’s national arboreal emblem.
- SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. As part of the 2021 Arboreal Anniversary collection, your coin comes with a custom serialized certificate featuring colour elements and the anniversary logo.
- NO GST/HST
- Mintage 800
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 311.54
- Diameter (mm) 76.25
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 100 dollars
- Artist Michelle Grant (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)