Join us in celebrating Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC) and its 350 years of history, which are beautifully embodied on this Voyageur dollar-inspired coin. Incorporated in 1670, Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC) is Canada’s oldest company. Partnerships with First Nations, Inuit and Métis led to its success during the fur trade era. And as Canada began to take shape, HBC evolved along with it: its commercial pursuits were a crucial part of Canada’s earliest industries and development; its trading posts became Canada’s cities and towns; and its fur-trading empire evolved into the modern retail giant of today.
The reverse was inspired by the Voyageur dollar introduced in 1935 and designed by Emanuel Hahn. The engraved image features six explorers paddling a canoe in rough waters after exchanging goods at the Hudson’s Bay Company trading post, which appears behind the pine trees in the distance. The reverse also includes the word “CANADA” near the curved rim, while the face value “5 DOLLARS” and the year “2020” are inscribed below. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- AFFORDABLE SILVER COINS! You get ¼ oz. of 99.99% pure silver for $24.95, struck from some of the purest silver in the world.
- COIN #2 IN A SERIES THAT REPRESENTS CANADA IN 2020: With meaningful themes that enrich our knowledge and appreciation of our country, this four-coin series marks important subjects that are the fabric of Canada. Coin #2 is inspired by the Voyageur dollar and reflects HBC’s special place in the history of exploration and trade in Canada.
- ALSO AVALABLE AS A 4-COIN SUBSCRIPTION! Reserve all four issues and enjoy the convenience of paying only as each coin is shipped to you.
- A PATRIOTIC LOOK: The curve text (“CANADA”), date (“2020”) and maple leaves are the unifying features of this series – you’ll find them on all four coins in this series.
- SPECIAL PACKAGING! Your coin comes in a full-colour custom folder. The bespoke capsule for each coin allows you to pop it out of the packaging, to get a close up view of the coin.
- Mintage 100,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish modified specimen
- Weight (g) 7.96
- Diameter (mm) 27
- Edge serrated
- Certificate n/a
- Face value 5 dollars
- Artist Trevor Tennant (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin comes in a full-colour custom folder that will catch everyone’s attention.