This year (2020) marks the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War, adding special significance to November 11 – Remembrance Day. As seen on our 2020 V-E Day coins, the bold “V” for Victory commemorates the end of hostilities in 1945. But the standout feature on this coin is the selectively coloured arrangement of poppies, which are tinted red to represent the sacrifices and heroism that paved the path to peace.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Trevor Tennant marks the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War with two symbols of the war: a large “V” for Victory and a field of poppies. Selective colour highlights the flowers of remembrance that line a v-shaped pathway. Above them, rays of sunlight streaming through the clouds are an expression of hope for a brighter, peaceful future. The reverse also includes the word “CANADA” near the curved rim, while the face value “5 DOLLARS” and the year “2020” are inscribed below. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- SOME OF OUR MOST AFFORDABLE COINS! You get ¼ oz. of 99.99% pure silver for $24.95, struck from some of the purest silver in the world.
- COIN #3 IN A SERIES THAT REPRESENTS CANADA IN 2020! With meaningful themes that enrich our knowledge and appreciation of our country, this four-coin series marks important subjects that are the fabric of Canada. Coin #3 is a token of remembrance for both the fallen and those who serve.
- SELECTIVE COLOUR! This is the only 2020 Moments to Hold coin that features selective colour — the two previous coins were engraved only.
- A PATRIOTIC LOOK: The curve text (“CANADA”), date (“2020”) and maple leaves are the unifying features of this series – you’ll find them on all four coins in this series.
- SPECIAL PACKAGING! Your coin comes in a full-colour custom folder. The bespoke capsule for each coin allows you to pop it out of the packaging, to get a close up view of the coin.
- Mintage 100,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish modified specimen
- Weight (g) 7.96
- Diameter (mm) 27
- Edge serrated
- Certificate n/a
- Face value 5 dollars
- Artist Trevor Tennant (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin comes in a full-colour custom folder that will catch everyone’s attention. The removable coin capsule allows easy access to your coin.