The strapping bighorn sheep is right at home in one of Canada’s most scenic, most photographed and perhaps most daunting landscapes. Other species might stick to lower elevations but this natural climber easily travels along the slopes of the Canadian Rockies, where it grazes in the valleys or ascends to heights that give it a commanding view.
Designed by artist Maurade Baynton, the reverse features a selectively coloured, close-up view of the Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis). The finely engraved backdrop showcases the bighorn sheep’s natural habitat: the soaring peaks and breathtaking valleys of the Canadian Rockies. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- A NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN VIEW: Our wildlife-themed coins have featured full body or side-view portraits, but rarely a front-facing one—and never one with such a close view that you can almost feel the animal’s breath.
- SUBSCRIBE TODAY TO ADD THE COMPLETE FOUR-COIN SERIES TO YOUR COLLECTION. An exclusive subscription-only case will be shipped with your first coin, with extra spaces to house the next three coins to come.
- A LARGER DIAMETER (50 MM) DRAWS YOU DEEP INTO THE WILDERNESS. Imagine taking a photo of the landscape when the elusive animal suddenly appears and steps into your shot—it’s the perfect view of a wild Canada.
- MIX OF FINISHES: Selective colour instantly draws the eye towards the wildlife, but the wilderness in the background is every bit as breathtaking. From mountains to forests, the Canadian landscape is beautifully re-created thanks to finely detailed engraving, with multiple finishes to add extra dimension.
- FROM CANADA, WITH LOVE: Canada is known for its outsized wilderness and wildlife, and these coins perfectly capture the rugged beauty of both. It’s a four-part celebration of Canada’s untouched corners and the wild creatures that quietly inhabit them.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE MINTAGE! Limited mintage of 2,500 coins makes this sought-after coin a rare collectible.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- Mintage 2,500
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 62.69
- Diameter (mm) 50
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 30 dollars
- Artist Maurade Baynton (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Black clamshell with black beauty box