A favourite piece from The Queen’s personal collection made a new appearance in Canada when Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, visited in 2016 and 2011. King George VI originally gifted the brooch to Queen Elizabeth in 1939 for their historic state visit. After Princess Elizabeth (1951), and The Duchess of Cornwall (2009), Catherine is now the fourth-generation royal to wear it. Celebrate the legacy with this coin’s exquisite miniature and its 100+ glimmering white zircons.
A miniature reproduction of the Canadian Maple Leaf brooch is the commanding focal point in this design. It measures 25x25mm with more than 100 individually set, white natural zircons. The brooch is framed by an ornate border by Canadian artist Jan Poynter. It symbolizes the shared history between the United Kingdom and Canada with a repeating pattern of Tudor roses, thistles, shamrocks and maple leaves, each a key botanical element in the Royal Arms of Great Britain, Wales, Northern Ireland and Canada. The iconic five-point Tudor rose, with its inner and outer petals, provides a framework for a traditional Celtic braid treatment that represents the tradition and heritage that are the heart of Canadian settlement and identity. And on the obverse, the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt engraved on a background of leaves echoing the silhouette of the famous Canadian Maple Leaf Brooch.
- ONE OF THE QUEEN’S FAVOURITES: Reputedly one of the most-loaned brooches in her collection. The Queen has worn this celebrated brooch to Canada-related events in Britain. It sparkled against her red dress on Canada Day during her last visit in 2010, and featured prominently in her CANADA 150 portrait.
- WORN BY CATHERINE, THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE: The brooch was worn by Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge while touring Canada with Prince William in 2011 and 2016. This coin is embedded with the same Canadian Maple Leaf Brooch—in miniature.
- INCLUDES MINIATURE REPRODUCTION PENDANT made with rhodium-plated sterling silver and natural white zircons on a 18″ sterling silver chain—a wonderful accompaniment to the coin that you can proudly wear in tribute to the Royal Family.
- A TOTAL 3 CARATS: A total 3 carats of natural white zircons have been individually set into the coin’s miniature brooch —a total 100+ stones to recreate the glimmering diamonds of the original.
- VALUED AT $430 (CAD): Valued at $430 (CAD) in an independent appraisal that evaluated the coin’s miniature sterling silver, rhodium-plated brooch.
- A FOUR-GENERATION LEGACY: Continue the tradition of 80+ years of affection between the Royals and Canada with this miniature Canadian Maple Leaf Brooch coin and pendant.
- CELEBRATES THE ENDURING FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN THE ROYAL FAMILY AND CANADA: Your coin is a one-of-a-kind treasure for anyone eager to celebrate the history and enduring friendship between the Royal Family and Canada, celebrated with two extraordinary keepsakes.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE MINTAGE: Your coin has a limited worldwide mintage of 3,000 coins!
- 2 OZ. PURE SILVER: Your coin is crafted from two ounces of 99.99% pure silver.
- NO GST/HST!
- Mintage 3,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 62.69
- Diameter (mm) 50
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 30 dollars
- Artist Jan Poynter (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box