It is one of Canada’s most recognized military traditions and a popular summertime attraction in the nation’s capital!
Every morning from late June to late August, the Changing of the Guard ceremony brings pomp and musical pageantry to Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Ont. Dressed in scarlet tunics and tall bearskin hats, the Ceremonial Guard performs colourful drills and marches to the sounds of the regimental band, which leads the way on this fine silver coin.
Designed by Canadian artist Pandora Young, the reverse is a front view of the Changing of the Guard ceremony in Ottawa, Ont., where the Band of the Ceremonial Guard leads the procession. The reverse includes the curve text “CANADA” above a maple flourish and the year “2020”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- THIS IS CANADA. Celebrate some of the sights and experiences that make Canada unique! Each coin highlights a famous Canadian symbol or scene that has shaped this nation’s image and filled our hearts with Canadian pride.
- SIX ICONS, SIX ARTISTS. Every coin in this series is designed by a different Canadian artist for a different take on some of the most famous images of Canada.
- POMP AND PAGEANTRY: Coin #4 gives you an up-close view of one of Canada’s most famous military traditions: the Changing of the Guard ceremony in Ottawa, Ont. This is the first time the ceremony has been depicted on a coin issued by the Royal Canadian Mint.
- A UNIFORM LOOK: The curve text (“CANADA”), date (“2020”) and maple flourish are the unifying features of this series. You’ll find them on the reverse of all six coins, where they complete our 2020 celebration of Canada.
- A DOSE OF CANADIANA: This series is your dose of Canadiana in 2020 and it will add severaliconic Canadian images to your collection.
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE COMPLETE SERIES. Purchase eachcoin individually or sign up for a bi-monthly subscription that guarantees a complete 2020 O Canada! series. The first coin ships with an exclusive subscription-only case that lets you store and display all six coins as a complete series.
- THE PERFECT ADDITION OR GIFT for those seeking a piece of Canada that fits in the palm of your hand.
- Mintage 10,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish matte proof
- Weight (g) 15.87
- Diameter (mm) 34
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 10 dollars
- Artist Pandora Young (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin comes in a full-colour custom folder that will catch everyone’s attention.