To truly experience Canada, head for the wilderness! Our country is known worldwide for its big, beautiful open spaces. From beaches to rugged peaks, and all the mighty forests and lakes in between, the great Canadian outdoors is where many of us play, live and/or work. Whether hiking or paddling, spending time at the cottage, or taking in the view in our many parks, outdoors is where many Canadian hearts long to be – it’s just part of who we are.
Designed by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo, the reverse presents a classic image of the Canadian wilderness. A canoe resting on a rocky shore entices the viewer to venture out on one of the sparkling lakes that are nestled among Canada’s boreal forests. The reverse includes the curve text “CANADA” above a maple flourish and the year “2020”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- THIS IS CANADA: Celebrate some of the sights and experiences that make Canada unique! Each coin highlights a famous Canadian symbol or scene that has shaped this nation’s image and filled our hearts with Canadian pride.
- SIX ICONS, SIX ARTISTS: Every coin in this series is designed by a different Canadian artist for a different take on some of the most famous images of Canada.
- CLASSIC IMAGE OF (WILD) CANADA: Coin #6 celebrates the natural wonders and landscapes that have defined this country for generations!
- A UNIFORM LOOK: The curve text (“CANADA”), date (“2020”) and maple flourish are the unifying features of this series. You’ll find them on the reverse of all six coins, where they complete our 2020 celebration of Canada.
- A DOSE OF CANADIANA: This series is your dose of Canadiana in 2020 and it will add several iconic Canadian images to your collection.
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE COMPLETE SERIES: Sign up for a bi-monthly subscription that guarantees a complete 2020 O Canada! series. The first coin ships with an exclusive subscription-only case that lets you store and display all six coins as a complete series.
- A CANADIAN ART EXCLUSIVE: Get the complete series and we’ll send you a special thank you note: a postcard-sized collage that pairs images of Canada with design concepts signed by all six artists.
- THE PERFECT ADDITION OR GIFT for those seeking a piece of Canada that fits in the palm of your hand.
- Mintage 10,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish matte proof
- Weight (g) 15.87
- Diameter (mm) 34
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 10 dollars
- Artist Claudio D’Angelo (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Each coin is encapsulated and makes an attractive collection when all six coins are shown in your display case.