Shinning as bright as our spirit of innovation, this coin is our largest convex-shaped offering to date. Superbly crafted in a kilogram of 99.99% pure silver, the reverse features a bouquet of maple leaves that appears to swell with the collective pride of a nation as it curves outwards — a luminous representation of Canada!
Designed by artist Stan Witten, senior engraver at the Royal Canadian Mint, the convex-shaped reverse features an engraved grouping of sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaves of different sizes, all positioned to form a unique bouquet of foliage. Together, the five leaves are radiant against the highly reflective shine of the field’s proof finish, yet each one is set apart by a different finish that creates a gentle contrast. This gathered arrangement makes full use of the coin’s expansive surface and unusual curvature; extending out towards the viewer for a more dimensional presentation, the iconic Canadian symbol appears to swell with the collective pride of a nation. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- A FIRST FOR US: A KILO CONVEX COIN! Beautifully crafted in a full kilogram of 99.99% pure silver, this magnificent piece is the largest-sized convex coin ever produced by the Royal Canadian
- A LARGE CANVAS: This coin’s 102-millimetre diameter is much larger than our previous large-sized convex offering, the 2017 5 oz. Maple Leaves In Motion
- DESIGNED AND ENGRAVED BY THE ARTIST: Designed by senior engraver Stan Witten, the reverse features a beautifully detailed arrangement of sugar maple leaves — a powerful icon that resonates with Canadians at home and abroad!
- MULTIPLE FINISHES ACCENTUATE THE ENGRAVING: The highly reflective shine of a pristine proof finish lights up the field and the foremost leaf, while a mix of different finishes sets the other leaves apart and gives a sense of layered depth to the overall
- A TRUE SHOWPIECE: The coin’s dimensional shape, size and exquisite beauty will dazzle time and time again! With mintage set to just 500 worldwide, each one of these limited works of art comes encapsulated and enclosed in a premium wooden case that makes an elegant presentation.
- Composition 99.99% fine silver
- Mintage 500
- Weight (g) 1 Kilogramme
- Diameter (mm) 102
- Face Value $250
- Finish Proof
- Edge Serrated
- Artist Stan Witten
Packaging Custom wood case